Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten New Series I Want To Start



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and Bookish. This week's topic is the Top Ten New Series you want to start. I'm going to be cheating a little because a few of these I've started but have yet to finish. Can I still do that? Also, because some of these have definitely not been published within the last year or two.

So in no particular order, here they are!


1. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. I recently read the first book in this series and I loved it. I'm excited to start Behemoth but I am holding off for now because I've dropped mad hints to the boyfriend to get the rest of the series for me for Christmas.



2. Kane Chronicles By Rick Riordan. I have only read the first chapter in the Red Pyramid, so I have very nearly started this series. I love Riordan's Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. The thing I really love about him is that he includes diversity in his characters, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Carter and Sadie Kane are biracial.


3. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. This series has been on my list FOREVER. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

4. His Fair Assassin Series by Robin LeFevers.  I read the first book in this series for my book club awhile back, and I really enjoyed it. I just haven't gotten around to reading the second book, and I believe the third book has not yet been released.

5.  Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.  Mathematical dragons? I don't know what that means but it sounds awesome!

6. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I really like Oliver's Panic and Before I fall, so I'm a little nervous to start her dystopia series. I'm afraid I won't like it and that Oliver will be ruined for me.

7. The Diviners by Libba Bray. 1920s and supernatural themes? Wait a second, was this written by Henry Winchester? Either way I'm in. I've never read any of Bray's books so maybe this series will be my first.

8. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I feel like there haven't been too many books lately about alien invasions, so this book peaked my interest. I just bought it from amazon with my boyfriend's birthday gift so I could get free shipping, so hopefully I read it soon!

9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. This series was recommended to me by Good Reads since I read Leviathan. Female pilots and World War II, count me in.

10. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I've heard some very mixed reviews for this series, but I think the concept looks interesting so I want to at least try the first one to see how I feel about it first. Sometimes you have to form your own opinion with books.

I'm pretty sure I could write a list three times as long as this, because my TBR list just keeps getting longer and longer. Can everyone just stop publishing books for like a year so I can catch up?

What are some new series you want to start? Let me know in the comments below!