Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I would totally want to be for halloween


Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is two different options, so I went with the top ten characters I would want to be for Halloween. Mostly because I don't think I've read too many books to get me into the Halloween Spirit. So in no particular order here are my choices!

  1. Katniss Everdeen-The Hunger Games. I actually was Katniss a few years ago. I bought the mockingjay prop pin to make it obvious and I actually made it into a necklace that I wear regularly. 
  2. Cassel Sharpe-The Curse Workers Series. Alright I love Cassel, so either I'd dress up as a dude or genderbend his character. Either way, he would be a nice choice.
  3. Arya Stark-A Song of Ice and Fire. Hell yeah I would be Arya. She kicks butt!
  4. Artemis-Greek Mythology. Mythology counts as books right? Last year I was Artemis the goddess of the hunt. Probably one of the easier costumes I have made too.
  5. Mia Thermoplis-The Princess Diaries. HOW HAVE I NEVER BEEN PRINCESS MIA BEFORE? 
  6. Annabeth Chase-Percy Jackson Series. Who runs the world? Smart girls, and Annabeth is one of the best. This would be a simple one, I would just need a blonde wig!
  7. Ava Lavender- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender.  Ava is a girl who is born with wings, so this would be a complex costume. The other problem is that everyone would just think I was a fairy. 
  8. Deryn Sharp-Leviathan Series. I think Deryn is the reason why I was contemplating dressing up as Amelia Earhart. I need to read some more steampunk novels.
  9. Lisbeth Salander-Millenium Series. I don't know if I could pull her look off, but Lisbeth is an awesome idea.
  10. Scout Finch-To Kill a Mockingbird. Not just Scout Finch, but Scout Finch dressed up like a ham. Book worms would get it, but it might be annoying when people keep asking me why I like ham so much. 
What book characters do you want to dress up like? Let me know in the comments below!