Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Reading Rainbow's Kickstarter Restored My Faith In Humanity

When I first heard about the plan to get Reading Rainbow back in the hands of children, I was on board. After they beat their goal of $1 million and announced their stretch goal, I was still on board. I was pretty confident that they could make that goal, considering their recent success.

Reading Rainbow was a huge and integral part of my childhood so I was pretty stoked to help bring it to the future generation. It seems that I was not the only one. Reading Rainbow definitely instilled a love of the written word for the generation that grew up on it. Their kickstarter campaign ended a few hours ago, and I am proud to say that I am a part of the group of 105,857 people that helped raised $5,408,916 for their cause.

Can you believe that? I sure can, especially since Family Guy creator and actor Seth MacFarlane played a huge part in helping the team get over that last hurdle. Shortly after the team hit the $4 million mark, MacFarlane announced he would match the next $1 million dollars raised. I think he deserves some recognition for that. And so do each and everyone who pledged to help this worthy cause. You have all restored my faith in humanity!

If you missed out on your chance to donate to this cause, you can still help! You can pledge to help them bring Reading Rainbow programing to more classrooms. If you are a backer of the campaign, you do not need to pledge.

I threw money at this campaign as soon as I heard about it, and I am happy that I could be apart of this. I don't know what I would be if it wasn't for a love of reading, and I want others to have the passion for reading that I have.

Happy Reads Everyone!