Thursday, July 3, 2014

Like Game of Thrones? Like YA? HERE READ THESE!


I think maybe I should rename my blog from "Deanna Writes" to "Deanna really likes infographics." I mean see Exhibit A, B and C. I really like infographics, especially if they are telling me what books to read and why. Harper Collins Publishers' teen imprint Epic Reads is really good at them. 

Earlier today they started promoting a new graphic of 25 young adult fiction books to read if you are a fan of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones Saga. I've written about GOT before on here, but I have to say, that I don't think there is any series that can compete with Martin's work. These are the most challenging books I have read in a long time. That's not to say that I don't think this project was really cool, because I am all for it. 

I like the books they have on this graphic, because I have really only heard of a few of the books on the list. The only book on the list I have read is Graceling byKristin Cashshore. Graceling has to do with Kings and characters whom take power by force and a little bit of fantasy, so I can see why this was added. 

The other books on this list that I have heard of before, but have yet to read, are Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman and Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. Grave Mercy and Seraphina were just suggested by my book club to consider for book options, but we put them aside for now. Maybe eventually we will get to read one of them. I have had Finnikin of the Rock on my TBR list for years. I was heavily reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series a few years back, so Goodreads kept on suggesting it to me. 

I like to think that I am pretty up to date with books, but I know there are so many I have yet to read. With that in mind, I think it was cool of Epic Reads to put out this list, because now I have more books to consider adding to my TBR pile. I think they did a great service to the YA community by not only featuring books by their publishing company, but by others as well. 

I highly suggest checking out this list. Pretty cool stuff is constantly coming from them.

Happy Reads Everyone!