Monday, May 5, 2014

Meg Cabot To Release More Princess Diaries Novels!


I needed a few days to calm myself before I talked about this.

...Okay who am I kidding? I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED BY MEG CABOT'S NEWS!

In case you didn't know already, Meg Cabot is my favorite author. She is the reason that I got into writing professionally, and the Princess Diaries series is what did it for me. Cabot posted on her blog last Thursday that she is writing another Princess Diaries series, but this time it will be an adult spin-off series. I am so excited, because when I was fourteen and reading about Mia Thermopolis, it was the first character that I really connected with. She was bad at math, like me, and her voice just spoke to me. I loved that series, and it eventually led me to read more of Cabot's work.

Not only is Cabot continuing where she left off with Mia, but is introducing a new character to the series and writing a middle-grade spin-off series about her. I'm not sure if I will read the middle-grade series, because I already feel too old still reading young adult novels. I definitely think it's cool that she will also be illustrating the middle-grade series.

Cabot also announced that she is writing a seventh book in her Mediator series, which will also be an adult spin-off series. It's not clear if she's going to just write that one book, or continue it, but I am excited to read it nonetheless. That series was probably my first foray into the paranormal genre, and I think she made it realistic and funny. She initially wrote this series under her pseudonym Jenny Carroll, so I don't think it sold as well as others, but from my experience it is a fan favorite.

Ahhhhh!!!! I'm so excited about these spin-off series.

Happy Reads Everyone!