Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blood of Olympus Cover Revealed!!!

Earlier today USA TODAY revealed the US cover for Rick Riordan's Blood of Olympus, the final installment of his Heroes of Olympus series. Riordan wrote about it on his blog, so you can see it here.

How freaking awesome is John Rocco's artwork? AMAZING! The artwork for Riordan's book are always epic, and have gone perfectly with his books. I'm super excited to hear this news, because it means we are getting close to October 7th. That's the date for BOB to come out, for those not in the know.

I am a huge mythology fan, so Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series were exactly what I wanted in an epic tale. Some of the criticisms I have heard about the books is that he plays fast and loose with some of myths. Considering that they are myths and have probably been changed over the years, I am okay with that. His books aren't really a retelling of classical myths, but rather bringing mythological characters into the modern world. I don't care what people say, I love his books, and I highly recommend them.

Riordan writes juvenile fiction, so sometimes I feel WAY too old to read his stuff, but I think his writing is for mature readers and has mature themes. I also like that with bringing Percy into the Heroes of Olympus, he did something different with it. In his first series we got the story from Percy's point of view, but in the new one it is told in multiple perspectives. I think that was a great way to separate the two series from each other. He also does it really well, so that you would be able to tell the character without him telling you. Remove the "Percy", "Frank", "Hazel", etc from the title of the chapter, and you would still know who was speaking.

I'm so amped for the final installment, too bad we have to wait so long until it's out!

Happy Reads Everyone!